Saturday, May 31, 2025

2025 Summer Vacation, Day 6

Wednesday, May 28

Jim asked me how our summer homeschool (including reading plan) is going... Until Mom is breathing well, it's not happening. (The good news is that I'm improving greatly, but am still on three inhalers + a prednisone boost.)

I went to bed knowing that swim team practice was canceled today due to rain and cooler temps than yesterday. Thank you, Lord! Yesterday took a lot out of me, and we all slept in.

Jim and I got to have a very needed conversation about summer plans, and I tackled two home organization tasks that were hanging over my head ... the case of the missing property tax bills and solving the mystery of our prescription refills by making a spreadsheet! 

I also did a load of laundry after many days of zero loads.  BK helped take out garbage, bring up paper towels from the basement, etc.  We all just needed a leisurely morning. 

But it is helpful to have something on the calendar, so off we went to Bingo for Books to kick off our village library's summer reading program!! 

LM had tutoring in the afternoon, and we ended the day with another "real" meal - tri-tip, slaw, broccoli, rolls, and fruit!  

No comments: