The other day after school drop-off I headed to a multi-family garage sale I attend annually. BK is of the age when it's hard to find clothes at garage sales. But not at this one! So I always prioritize going.
I arrived 7 minutes after it opened, and there were dozens of minivans parked on the street! I quickly spied a badminton set for $5, and fidgets (what LM was hoping I would find).
I entered the garage and quickly searched the backpacks for a bag I would buy (& in the meantime use as a shopping bag!) and then wove my way through the tables to the big boys' clothes. My arms were laden with pants, shorts, hoodies, and t-shirts. And! And these two pair of shoes for BK. The Asics were new with tags for $10. This kid goes through shoe sizes like nobody's business. Praise God for His provision!
After paying for my big haul and carrying it a block up the street to my parked van, I made another pass through, this time without full arms. :) I found a golf shirt for Jim and a Columbia rain jacket for LM and three books.
And when I came home, I did some internet sleuthing and found free printables of road trip games to replace the ones missing for this Boogie Board I purchased at the sale.
I think I spent less than I did last year, but I did not find any jeans. All in all, I am very thankful!



No comments:
Post a Comment