Three years ago this month my dad entered heaven.
At his funeral, my childhood pastor said he's now a grace graduate. I love that image!
I share a lot in common with my dad (in fact, my 1st grade teacher as well as a man who lived up the nearest holler called me "Little Charles"), but the most important thing we share is our faith in Jesus.
As I pondered what my dad is doing these days, my thoughts quickly jumped to the realization that he's now singing on key! :) Almost 9 decades of making a joyful noise and now he has 10,000 years times 10,000 years times infinity to sing on key.
I also wondered whom he has met. Does it really matter in heaven? Will we be more excited to meet the Apostle Paul than we are to meet a faithful ordinary housewife from a tribe in central Africa?
He laid up his treasure in heaven. His faith has become sight. He sees Jesus face to face. He is unfettered by sin. He is in the great cloud of witnesses.
So let us press on to know the Lord.
No comments:
Post a Comment