Someone asked recently if I thought my friends are jealous because I don't have a job. I have a non-paying job that takes 25-50% of my time.
That particular morning I spent two hours nonstop on the phone for medical things.
- Return a call to my Mom's long-term care insurance to schedule an assessment
- Let the sister who is going to be there know the details
- I still need to compile a document of 8 items they have requested
- Call the pharmacy to refill three meds
- That necessitated calling the doctor's office because they haven't been responding to the pharmacy's request for refills.
- Call my specialty pharmacy (follow up to two previous phone calls).
- Supposedly, a supervisor will call me back.
- I foresee a few more phone calls in my future (in order to infuse on Thursday).
- Call a new provider's office to schedule an appointment.
- Create a login and password for their portal (You know that required a few emails for the PIN and then a new PIN because the first one expired)
- Call the lab to see if they could send my most recent labwork to the new provider's office.
- No answer, so called my PCP's office to send my most recent labwork to the new provider's office.
- After staying on hold a long time, sending a message through their portal. (Again, something I will need to follow up on, or I cannot go to my appointment in a few weeks.)
These refill logs live inside one of my kitchen cupboard doors. :) Our favorite small town independent pharmacy with a drive-through is closing this month. :( So I am working on finding a new pharmacy that can easily obtain controlled substances. (Only some of these meds are controlled substances!)
And then I worked on this week's schedule:
- Printing the Awana Start Zone (units for the first two weeks of the year) because one got lost (thank you, ADHD).
- Updating our calendar for swim practice because there's a swim meet one night, so practice is rearranged.
- Trying to print out the Trail Life calendar to see how it overlaps with swim meets.
- Printing out recipes for a meal train for a family at church with severe food restrictions (any meal taken must be made from one of the recipes provided).
- Canceling Moms in Prayer this week due to LM's two appointments and my infusion.
That doesn't count IEP prep, laundry, dishes, or cooking. Or the BIG projects.
I'm reminded of my brother-in-law's comment, "You couldn't work outside the home if you wanted to." Amen!



No comments:
Post a Comment