When my dad was a child, their family had family prayer twice a day - morning and evening.
As a child at Bible camp, our days were filled with God's Word - from morning chapel to missions hour to a memory verse each day, evening chapel, vespers, and cabin devotions!
In Japan, I almost always attended Shuuyoukai 修養会 (the annual 2-night summer conference of the Presbyterian Church in Japan). I remember driving home after shuuyoukai with two friends one year. One was a single friend who was a Christian worker. The other was a married woman, the only believer in her family. As we talked about what we enjoyed and what the Lord taught us, the married woman said she had never started her day with other believers in prayer and ended her day with other believers in prayer or spent her whole day with believers!
I think in the old days, InterVarsity chapters had daily prayer meetings.
I vacationed one summer at Schloss Mittersill, which at the time was a conference & study center of IFES (InterVarsity's name worldwide). While I was there, a Welsh pastor & his wife were on-site as chaplain. Morning and evening prayer were offered in the chapel.
Those have all been special isolated moments in my life, but the other day I realized that on Wednesdays during the school year I have morning & evening prayer with other believers! Wednesday morning is Moms in Prayer, and Wednesday evening is our church prayer meeting!
When have you experienced Morning & Evening Prayer with others?
No comments:
Post a Comment