Monday, February 16, 2026

Valentine's Day

How was your Valentine's Day?   

Valentine's Day in our house came & went without much notice.  (And we're okay with that.) :) 

I put out a few heart-shaped decorations. My mom sent the children each a card, and one of their aunts did also. LM wore clothes with hearts on them throughout the week, and was excited about exchanging cards in her class. :) 

On Wednesday, I included a mixed bouquet in my Walmart pickup order, and I added some pink heart-shaped macarons to my cart at Aldi. :) 

On the actual day, I mostly had a day alone to be quiet and rest. (After my infusion the previous day, my body needed that.  Well, and after some stressful events lately, my body needed it.) 

The children spent February 14 skiing!! Their uncle and a few adult cousins took them for their birthday present.  Very exciting! 

I went out for breakfast with a friend.  Jim had pig chores and a farm errand. I was home most of the day by myself, and spent a lot of time under the blankets with my weighted eye mask on, listening to music or a Mitford audio book from the library Libby app. 

I ended the day with a heart-healthy smoothie! :) 



 

No comments: