At 3 PM on Mondays this semester, you can find LM & me at the university speech clinic. The building is also the lab school. And the entrance to the speech clinic is also the entrance (& exit) to the preschool wing for kiddos with hearing &/or vision loss.
The preschool serves over 30 school districts in 4+ counties.
As we arrive to enter the speech clinic parking lot, we have to pass the long line of moms in car line, as school is about to be dismissed. I'm thankful for the little pink parking tag I have that gets me into a coveted parking spot on the university campus!
We must have been a few minutes early one day, because the bus lane was full! I saw four school districts represented on the buses that were there at that moment.
My heart was full of emotion!! I remembered the day BK & I toured that preschool and realized it wouldn't meet his needs. I was overwhelmed (yet again) with thanksgiving that he was able to attend the private preschool for deaf & hard of hearing kiddos. I prayed that the kiddos going there now will have their needs met. I remembered sitting in car line at his preschool, and was filled with thankfulness again that my friend drove carpool most days.
Side note: Whenever I get in our van, and push "Maps," the first option that comes up for me is the gas station 28 miles away where we met for carpool!! And the second option that comes up is the school he attended 68 miles away starting at 3 1/2 years old!! All these years later, those are still my phone's top two default destinations!
No comments:
Post a Comment