Jim went to Mens' Retreat a few weeks ago. The beds there aren't the best, and it's close enough that men have the option of sleeping at home. I'm thankful Jim took that option, because I don't sleep well when he's gone. And he's thankful I left the door to the garage unlocked when I went to bed (before he arrived home)!!
The children and I had what I thought was a great supper, although it was not the most colorful meal I have ever served. I also had a fruit smoothie with mine.
After evening meds and after LM and I got ready for bed, we three watched a Sugar Creek Gang movie (thanks to our IT guy, BK!). Those movies are short, so LM was in bed by 8 PM, though not asleep ...
BK had a 9 PM bedtime ... and I had a 9.15 bedtime thought I would gladly have accepted a 7 PM bedtime!
Saturday morning LM had tutoring, and then a friend brought her four children over for a lunch of Casey's pizza and a play date, while everyone's dads were at the retreat. They stayed until Jim arrived home after 5. We both were so thankful for the diversion & that our children had different playmates than just their siblings.
We survived! :) (Oh, and we all got a shower or bath & shampoo whether we needed it or not, as some people would say.)
And Jim had a fantastic time! Great teaching, good connecting time, good food, good to have that concentrated time with other men centered around the Lord!

No comments:
Post a Comment