Monday, March 16, 2026

The week that was

Jim was at Mens' Retreat March 6-7. 

He & I had a 24 hour getaway March 8-9. :) 

I had my infusion Tuesday March 10. 

It always wipes me out, so I wasn't that concerned that I was dragging that afternoon. BUT when I got severe chills (rigors) in the evening, I contacted my infusion nurse in case it were a reaction.  She asked what my vitals were, encouraged me to take certain OTC meds, and kept checking on me. 

On Thursday both my infusion nurse & immunologist had opined that it was not a reaction to my infusion. 

By Thursday late afternoon when I was still horizontal and unable to eat or drink, I went to Prompt Care.  

Pneumonia... Sigh. That wasn't on my radar. 

I also realized on Friday that I was on Day 3 of a migraine.  

I don't know what the rest of the family ate.  Jim did most school drop offs & pick ups.  BK offered to walk home from the bus stop.  I took no one to activities. (My list of appointments to reschedule is growing everyday.)

By Friday once I had had a few doses of Zofran, I was able to eat ... this pot of LOVE from my MIL.  Vegetable beef stew. It's all I ate for the next few days (breakfast, lunch, supper, 3 AM), until I asked her if she would make another pot. <3 

No comments: