March 6, 2020
I drove carpool to the private special ed school 70 miles away, drove back to our nearest city midday for an appointment for LM, drove back to school to pick up carpool, and, after the children were in bed (& had a sitter), went to the city in the opposite direction to visit Jim in the ER, where he ended up staying 48 hours and was allowed to have multiple visitors.
March 5, 2026
I drove one child to Children's Hospital for an appointment. We did drive-through breakfast & picked up a Walmart order on the way home. I dropped the child (& the groceries) off with Jim, and I kept driving to the city in the opposite direction, where I was 10 minutes late for my mammogram. I hurried home afterward, because Jim needed to go to a city an hour south for a part. He arrived home at 4.30, in time for me to leave one child with him, while I took the other to an appointment in the same city where I had my mammogram mere hours earlier.
308 miles in 2020 (+ 30 miles when Jim drove himself to the hospital)
148 miles in 2026 (+ Jim's 120 mile roundtrip)
The Lord will keep your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forevermore.

No comments:
Post a Comment