I arranged for the housecleaner to come (it had been almost 8 weeks, with multiple trips and sicknesses in our family). Actually I practically begged her to come even though I do not have energy to clear all the surfaces. I just asked if she would clean any surfaces that are visible.
She texted me before coming that morning to let me know approximately what time she would arrive.
I gave her a heads up that a furniture delivery truck was supposed to be here between 9 and 10 (Spoiler alert: they arrived closer to 11.30 of course) and that Jim would be here dealing with them. And that I would be ensconced in LM's room on a 2-hour telehealth appointment. And that she could interrupt me if she needed me (she never does).
She replied, as most sane people would, "Would it be better if I come tomorrow? My Friday opened up. Just wanted to make sure things weren't too chaotic at your house for you. :)"
My reply:
"Oh, we live in pure chaos. We need you to bring some order to our chaos."
No comments:
Post a Comment