Second shift on Monday only involved four hours of being on the road (2-6 PM, but it felt long. It was pretty tame, compared to many second shifts I have known, but I am out of practice (which is a good thing).
- Pick LM up from school 20 minutes early.
- Go to the university speech clinic.
- Do a really quick Aldi run on our way home.
- Stop by home & put the food in the fridge and freezer.
- Continue on to the grandparents'.
- Leave LM there.
- Take BK to his haircut.
- Go back to the grandparents'.
- Collapse in an easy chair.
- I was ready for bed.
But ... onward, ho! Home. Supper. Get LM in bed.
And this is where the schedule changed from A Farmer in Winter to #Plant26. Jim actually didn't start planting until Tuesday, but he worked late (until long after I was in bed) on Monday.
Now it's time for story time. Back in the day, I spent a summer or two as a camp counselor. (I worked at camps many summers, but was only a camp counselor on rare occasions.) Why did I not like being a camp counselor? Because I had to stay awake until everyone in my cabin was asleep.
Why do I not like #Plant26? For the same reason. I cannot in good conscience go to sleep before the children are in bed. (I also miss Jim tremendously.)
My mother-in-law called today to see if I got any rest. In spurts! I am definitely still not over pneumonia.
- Take the kids to school.
- Lie down.
- Pick up LM, drive 30 minutes to orthodontist, appointment, drive back.
- Lie down.
- Take lunch to Jim in the field (#Plant26!)
- Lie down.
- Pick LM up from school.
- Lie down.
- Pick BK up from school.
- Lie down.
- Cook supper.
What will Wednesday hold? Only the Lord knows. Thankfully He is also holding me!
No comments:
Post a Comment