This is where I should tell you that I hiked five miles uphill in the snow ... barefoot!
Except it was only 1.75 miles one-way.
And I wore shoes.
And the sky was clear, although cold, so I was bundled (beyond what my friends and family in the USA can imagine).
It was my day off. I wanted some exercise and fresh air. It seemed a good day to go hunting ... for mincemeat which I hoped to have for holiday baking. So I walked to the closest shopping center with an import store.
I finally saw a package of 9 Walkers mince tarts for about $10 and kept scouring the store. Finally I found two jars hidden behind some wine bottles.
This evening I filled two pre-baked tart pastries with mincemeat filling and slid them into the fish broiler under my stovetop eyes.
Aaaah! Delicious!
1 comment:
If you can even fathom it, this family I married into here, all from GA, think that mincemeat is disgusting. Thank goodness I'm not the only Yankee in-law, or I'd never get any!
Post a Comment