778. driving under the migratory path of hundreds and hundreds of Canadian geese
779. the pleasant surprise of live harp music at the restaurant where we ate Valentine's dinner
780. reminding us of the harpist whose music we didn't hear, as she played before and after our wedding
781. the suit-clad Farmer, climbing to the top of a grain bin, at a rented farm we pass on the way home from church
782. color, clarity, voice, and strength returning to a man who 3 weeks ago had a stroke
783. comfortably communing with friends, family, and friends who are like family in his hospital room
784. teamwork, which pushes me beyond my normal patterns and helps me do more than I think I can
785. new music brightening our home, thanks to Borders' demise
786. massive to-do lists which are (almost) no more
787. a spare room filled with packed suitcases!
These gifts are just that ... gifts! And not just gifts, but the icing-on-the-cake gifts. "All I need is Jesus," is not a trite statement. He truly is the best gift. He is enough, and I do not need these other gifts. But the discipline of noticing them points me back to the Giver of all good gifts and helps me give Him my gift of thanksgiving.
To join in on reading others' lists or recording your own, visit the gratitude community at “One Thousand Gifts" or check out the new website: One Thousand Gifts.

1 comment:
I came over from Ann’s. I can still comment on Multitude Monday lists on Saturday right? :)
And today this was my fave from your list: ~ 784. teamwork, which pushes me beyond my normal patterns and helps me do more than I think I can (I still try to do much just with me alone – I’m learning though to connect – it’s what I’ve named my year – united we stand –divided we get picked apart and – well – it’s just not good Christianity – I’m learning still) {smile}
I was blessed by this today. Thank you.
May God watch over and guide you and all of yours.
Post a Comment