Saturday, June 3, 2023

Summer Vacation ~ Day 10

Day 10 ~ Saturday, June 3rd

LM slept until 7.30.

I paid a few bills, and explained each one to BK. "Wow! Things are expensive."

We made a trip to a nearby town (20 miles away) to pick up some prescriptions and a Walmart grocery order.  Check!  (The grocery order included a shirt for myself.  In the past I have ordered flowers for myself in my online grocery order.  I guess the sky's the limit.)

After lunch, I sat in a lawn chair in the shade near the pine trees, and tried to read while the children played. We were out there for 3 or more hours.  Success!  Lots of time spent up in the trees, some running laps around the yard, much imaginative play, and some velcro ball catch.  

Supper was another great meal - chicken thighs, tater tots, lettuce salad, and fruit salad.  Yum! 

I forget how amazing BK's vocabulary is.  Recently a few people have been shocked by it.  Every once in awhile even I notice.  Tonight I asked him why he was doing something, and he answered, "In case anything untoward happens."  Wonder what book that was in? :)

LM didn't fall asleep until 9 PM. 

No comments: