Friday, June 16, 2023

Summer Vacation ~ Day 22

Day 22 ~ Thursday, June 15th

Before my nurse arrived at 8, I boiled a batch of eggs, made my smoothie, had breakfast, picked up the house, and pre-medicated. 

It was a crazy morning, as I was hooked up to an IV in the family room, when the children woke up.  Thankfully Jim was here to make sure all the morning things got done (e.g., getting dressed).  He took BK to VBS and then LM to swim lessons.  Summer vacation is requiring a lot more teamwork!  

As soon as my nurse left, I put BK's favorite chicken thighs in the air fryer for lunch.  And then after lunch he went to the farm for 3 hours, while LM played school on the living room floor, and I continued tidying in prep for the shower.  She accompanied me to the post office, library, and Dollar General.  At the library, she turned in her second (of three possible) 30-book reading logs. 

[It is possible to read more, but prizes stop after three, except for a sometimes unadvertised big prize for the person who reads the most.]

At DG, we found matching baskets & bins to replace the hodge-podge of baskets holding DVDs in the new TV stand which Jim built ("someday" projects becoming "now").

While the children & I were at BK's 6 PM baseball game 20 minutes away, Jim cleaned the spiderwebs, etc. off the front of the house (especially the porch) and rebuilt the backyard playset which had blown down in a big wind storm.  Impressive!!

Our team didn't win, but they played well and keep improving.  BK has perfected his sliding technique, and it saved him twice last night. He also stole several bases and made a few hits. LM and several other younger siblings played in [read: rolled in] the sand (on the nearby sand volleyball court). Definitely a bath night! :) 

No comments: