Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Summer Vacation ~ Day 20

Day 20 ~ Tuesday, June 13th 

Before leaving at 8.45, I gave myself my weekly injection.  No comment as to the state of our medical system and how much insurance pays for it.  

Dropped BK off at VBS at 8.55, drove 20 minutes further west with LM to buy replacement globes for the TV room ceiling light.  One was broken, but we had to buy four new ones so they would match.  I rarely go in a store, so we walked around, and found ant spray and a whole bunch of other things (necessary or unnecessary yet to be determined). ["Someday" list became "now."]

Backtracked 10 minutes to LM's swimming lessons, and afterward picked BK up from VBS (& enjoyed 15 minutes on the playground).

Home for 10 minutes. 

Drove 30 minutes east & dropped BK off for a play date/ mission of mercy by the mom.  Took LM to speech therapy. That was my hour break for the week ... sitting in a chair in a hallway at the university, because the waiting room is undergoing construction this summer. 

Back to my friend's home, where we visited for about 45 minutes, before I left with BK for an appointment. Then back to my friend's home to pick up LM. McD's drive-through (which is actually better food than I've had the past 24 hours on the go). Wal-mart pickup. Home by 6.15 PM. 

Jim spent the day working on more of the "someday" projects that have moved to "now" - landscaping, new toilet, and other things I'm not even aware of, before taking BK to swim practice from 7.45-8.30 PM. 



No comments: