Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Summer Vacation ~ Day 34

Day 34 ~ Tuesday, June 27th

Unsurprisingly LM was awake at 5.30 AM (& so was I!). After an hour had passed & we had eaten breakfast, I let her have screen time while I dozed on the couch.  Sometimes that's how we roll. 

BK went to the farm while I took LM to her swim lessons.  We were home just long enough to grab a quick lunch & for BK to take a shower & change, before we headed to LM's speech therapy at the university clinic.  

I cancelled a second appointment today, and swim practice tonight was cancelled, so we had a "relaxing" afternoon/evening. 

Due to the Canadian wildfires, our air quality index got up to 220. Visibility was about a mile.  But the children still played outside.  

The BIG win of the day was when we went to ALDI, and the children successfully took a cart & half the list, while I took a second cart & the other half of the list.  I texted Jim, and his reply was, "Hallelujah!"   

After supper LM & I picked up the VERY neglected basement, and BK helped Jim move the very heavy coffee table upstairs.  Lord willing, a lady is coming tomorrow to buy the coffee table, sofa table, and end table set.  [We haven't used the coffee table since BK started toddling around, and the sofa table was our TV table until Jim built one that better suits our purposes.]

No comments: