Monday, June 19, 2023

Summer Vacation ~ Day 25

Day 25 ~ June 18th

Waking up was hard for all of us! I felt jet-lagged.  But I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go to the house of the Lord. 

Week three of LM sitting in "big church" during the service was a success! Thank you, Lord! 

Lunch with extended family (15 of us) at the favorite pizza restaurant.  Then one of our nieces took 27 photos trying to get one for us to submit for the church directory.  It was comical. :)

Home just long enough for Jim to open his Father's Day cards & gift (a baseball glove!) and finish last-minute packing before Jim took BK to camp! 

I looked at the dirty dishes & dirty laundry, and said, "No. Today is a day of rest." 

Amazon did not take a day of rest, but brought a new book that I'm excited to read to BK, "Out of the Shadow World." It's not my favorite genre, but the blurb says the author "masterfully weaves a tale of suffering and joy. Children will be captivated. Readers develop empathy and a theology of suffering that equips them to both face difficult circumstances and love others who are experiencing hardship." Have you read it? 

LM and I went to the park for awhile, and then I was ready for bed hours before she was.  I am introverted out from the weekend, and I think it will take me a week to recover from the energy I used being with people.  Four events (shower, reunion, church, Father's Day lunch) plus prep plus packing BK for & sending him off to camp.  My healthy max is two.  And, this week won't be that restful, because with BK at camp, I am LM's primary conversationalist.  And if you've ever conversed with her, you'll know it's exhausting in so many ways which I won't get into here.  

Jim took her for a walk around the block at dusk, and by 9.30 she was asleep. 

No comments: