Thursday, July 13, 2023

Summer Vacation ~ Day 49

Day 49 ~ Wednesday, July 12

Before my nurse arrived at 8 AM I had done a load of laundry and started the dishwasher and eaten a nice hot breakfast. 

After the children woke up, I used screen time as a babysitter, while I was hooked to the IV until my nurse left at 12:15. That is not ideal for many reasons, but it was our reality today.  

The next two hours were a little rough (partially because our afternoon plans had been cancelled) but we got the house tidy for the house cleaner and we left and went to a small town pool which we had to ourselves!! $5 per person including me, even though I did not take my swimsuit. But that was actually cheap babysitting, since we stayed for almost 3 hours and (until others came at the end) the lifeguard kept her eyes glued to the only two swimmers - BK & LM!

A quick & easy dinner of eating up leftovers + some frozen salmon in the air fryer.  I put some apples in the crockpot to cook down to applesauce while we were doing our bedtime routine, and before I went to bed, I had almost three pints of homemade applesauce!

Two of the last three infusions have been harder on my body, so I took a Benadryl at bedtime and was fine when I woke up.  Hopefully, going forward, the children can have all-day play dates if they're home on infusion days.  And we are already rearranging our calendar to provide margin around infusion day.  

No comments: