Thursday, July 27, 2023

Summer Vacation ~ Day 64 (19 more days)

Day 64 ~ Thursday, July 27th

If I had ever read a blog post by this title 5 or 10 or 20 years ago, I would have been very judgmental.  But I had not walked a mile in these moccasins at that point.  We are in sheer survival mode.  

I was up again for 1.5 hours in the early morning hours ... 

Today's complicated scheduling was eliminated when a 9.30 AM appointment was canceled.  BK went to work on the farm.  I took LM to swim lessons.  Stopped by to see the grandparents for 10 minutes.  Had a 10 minute phone call with my own mom.  And FB memories showed a precious photo of BK walking with my dad in the (Tennessee) barnyard 6 years ago. ❤️

Lunch of chicken thighs, hash browns, & various veggies (instead of the cooler I had packed for our complicated schedule).

After Mom's quiet time, we went to the pool (on this Real Feel 122* day!) for a couple hours, came home, changed, and the children were off to the final night of VBS.  

I am enjoying a decluttered house (thanks to the accountability of having a housecleaner), the station "Old Christian Radio" on the Tune In app, anticipating upcoming opportunities to pray with others, air conditioning in this heat wave, and the blessing of sharing unneeded books, activity books, sweat pants, suit ties, and even Flintstones vitamins with friends!

What are you enjoying these days?


No comments: