Monday, July 24, 2023

Summer Vacation ~ Day 61 (of 83, but who's counting?)

Day 61 ~ Monday, July 24th

After spending 3 to 4:30 AM with a wide awake LM, I was thankful I fell back asleep because that isn't always the case.

Jim and BK spent the morning at the farm, and I took LM to day one of her third two-week session of swim lessons.

I fielded an insane amount of calls, texts, and messages today … scheduling &/or rescheduling lab work, hair appointment, play dates, babysitting, etc. plus confirming coverage with insurance.

The good news is that it's all working out (despite the constraints in our schedule), that BK & his friend both enjoy doing fun outings together, that I have mom friends who can help me out (& vice versa), and that we found out our insurance coverage for pediatric hearing aids has improved and is almost unbelievably fabulous!

The down side is that we just added a lot more to the remaining 22 days of summer vacation (which already included a lot!).

LM always wants to play a game together, and I'm trying to be a "yes" mom. This afternoon she pulled out Catan, Jr. We had never even opened it, but the three of us had a lot of fun playing, and I think BK might be ready for "the real" Catan.

The children have been eagerly anticipating VBS at a nearby church, and it started tonight! Thank God for VBS volunteers! (And all the unchurched kids in our community who will hear about Jesus!)

No comments: