Saturday, December 23, 2023

Christmas Vacation, Day 3

Friday, December 22nd

My days are all mixed up.  I'm glad I wrote out my to-do list for these seven days. If it's not on the list, it doesn't happen. 

I do know enough of the calendar to know that gifts ordered today will not arrive by Christmas.  Oops! Hopefully we're all set. ;)

I was up at 5 (thank you, prednisone!), but made the most of the time alone.  Sigh!  Reaching for a pair of socks in the dark led to the discovery that BK & I wear the same size socks. :)

The children and I had an appointment to drop off our (emptied - nice!) van 30 minutes away by 8 AM, transferred LM's high-back booster to the loaner vehicle (left her preferred one-ton! car seat at home), enjoyed our carrot-on-a-stick of breakfast at Chick-fil-A, dropped off a load of hand-me-downs to friends, searched for & purchased a pair of shoes that is not falling apart (i.e., a new pair - unusual for us so far) for BK, checked out the kids' consignment store (found a suit for BK to wear to the next cousin's wedding!), and went to Sam's & Aldi for All. The. Food. (for the next 3 days of events) as well as one last gift.  

At Sam's I happily found a few items for myself, which Jim is adding to my Christmas gift. :)

After lunch I took a nap.  In the late afternoon Jim went to pick up the van.  

Tomorrow we tackle the house which has had more people at home the past 2.5 days and a lot less tidying than normal. Ai-yai-yai. 

No comments: