Thursday, December 28, 2023

Christmas Vacation, Day 8

Wednesday, December 26

I was up in time to keep hydrating and then pre-medicate at 7.30, before my nurse arrived at 8 AM.  

The rest of the family woke slowly. 

The IV pole with the glass bottle of VERY expensive plasma was almost knocked over by jumping feet (x4) and a drone.  It was a tad stressful.  

My nurse kindly made LM's breakfast, and then everyone got unlimited screen time.  I was barely moving after my nurse left around 12 or 12.30, but eventually rallied to have a huge bowl of salad and some more vegetable soup.  (This may be the winter I eat soup & salad.) Jim had tuna sandwiches. BK had Bagel Bites, and LM had cheese I think. (It was fend for yourself for sure!)

It was nice to have a leisurely afternoon. I enjoyed afternoon tea (decaf tea with some g-free ginger snaps I had put away for such a day), using the new appetizer plates I received for Christmas.  

Jim put in lots of hours catching up on pig work. 

BK went to swim practice from 6.30-7.30. He always reports that it was "tiring," but I believe that it's tiring in a good way.  

No comments: