Thursday, January 12, 2012

Oh, the visitors who will come!

Yesterday's post remembered places we went last year.  That list doesn't surprise me, for when we married, I knew we both liked to travel, and predicted we'd keep it up, as able.

What did surprise me in 2011 was the people who now have our hometown on their list of places they went in 2011, the people who came to see us!

My childhood home seemed to have a revolving door, and we never knew who would be there for a meal or two or a night or more.  In Japan, also, I hosted plenty of guests, not necessarily friends and family, but short-term missionaries and other visitors to our mission team. 

I assumed that once we were married and living so far away from most of the people I know (i.e., people on the East coast), that we would not have many guests.  And that saddened me.

My assumption was wrong.  Our first overnight guests came less than three weeks after we returned from our honeymoon!  Since then we've been blessed by visits from friends and family from Japan, Nebraska, Iowa, Chicago-area, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, China, Maryland, and Montenegro.

Besides family members who have visited, all but two of our overnight guests have lived in Japan (and even four of the family members have lived in Japan).  Living in Japan is not a requirement for visiting us, though.  Let us know when you're coming. :) 

We'll leave the light on for you!

No comments: