Friday, July 11
At 9 Jim left to drop LM off at daycare (including attending the last day of 5-day club!), and I logged into Zoom for yet another business call for my mom, continuing to learn things I never knew about. The learning curve has been and continues to be steep.
As soon as I logged off, I got on the road to pick BK up from camp.
We all rushed (never a good thing for emotions) to get ready in time to leave around 1.15 for a 2 PM wedding. In between the wedding & reception, our family needed hydration & food, so as counterintuitive as it sounds, we went to Culver's. The food really helped with everyone's moods!
While there, an elderly woman complimented LM on her dress. I turned into my mother and had a conversation with her and her husband, and as we left, she called out after us, "See you in heaven!" :)
The reception was relaxing. BK and LM were happy, oh, so happy! to be with their 18 & 23 year old cousins, who are absolutely wonderful with them! At BK's insistence & to his great delight, Jim and I did the couples' "dance." The winning couple has been married 59 years!
BK was understandably tired, and Grandpa was ready to leave also. But the bride is "new" Grandma's granddaughter, and Grandma wanted to stay, so I took BK & Grandpa home, while LM lived her best life on the dance floor.
I stayed up long enough to move BK's camp laundry from the washer to the dryer. ZZZZ.
No comments:
Post a Comment