Saturday, August 9, 2025

Summer Vacation ~ Day 62

Wednesday, July 23 

I have nine different categories of packing for our upcoming 10-day trip (with 9 different stops for lodging!) [by the time this posts, we should be home] … Picnicking, toiletries, meds, linens for the KOA cabin, car activities, hiking, swimming, clothes, etc.  Hopefully all the categories will be packed ... AND in the van before we go to bed tonight. 

But first, swimming! :) Swim team practice for BK and to collect any ribbons from last night. We didn't have time to stay for LM's.  BK's last swim practice of the season. :(

Pharmacy for meds. I almost had tears in my eyes thanking the pharmacy tech. "I know you just put pills in bottles or bill insurance or whatever, but you're part of helping our family function!"

LM to daycare.

Quarterly telehealth appointment for the children. (I had to log off momentarily to see why I was getting so many phone calls. Alas! My mom spent another day of her life in the ER. After much waiting, she was discharged back to the rehab hospital, but the saga probably has more steps.)

Two hours at home to pack & eat lunch.

Post office.  In-person appointment in town (30 minutes away). Filled up the tank. Splurged to have the (empty) van cleaned! Picked up a Walmart order of picnic supplies. 

Picked LM up from daycare. LM's last day of summer daycare. :(

Tutoring.  (Not LM's last day of tutoring, summer or otherwise.)

Home! (I drove 125 miles today! And was doing talk-to-text for many of those miles. See paragraph about my mom.) Supper. Pack. Pack. Pack. Packing was brought to us by LM taking a 2+ hour bath. :) 

At 10 PM the van was 90% loaded. Hooray! 

Good-night! 

No comments: