Saturday, July 12 - Tuesday, July 15
Saturday
My Fitbit says I got 7 hr 57 min of sleep, but I was awake from 3.15-4.45. Stay tuned for more exciting middle-aged mom sleep updates in coming days. Ha!
I woke the children at 6.45, so we could leave at 7.15 with snacks, goggles, towels, and a folding chair. County Swim Meet, here we come!!
(LM missed the younger kids' meet Friday night due to the wedding, but she still loved hanging with her friend - another younger sibling - and cheering her team on!)
5 hours, 3 individual events, 2 medley events, 2 rubber ducks (for being first in his heat [in individual events!]), and 1 medal later (for an individual event!) … we were home and I took a nap!
Mid-afternoon we left for a few days alone together in the one-bedroom, un-air-conditioned house with no internet access in Wisconsin.
Sunday
Tea & quiet time by the lake ~ aah!!
Church ~ another aah!! Even a seemingly dry sermon about intricate timelines in the book of Daniel crescendoed to a reminder of how greatly we are loved and a spontaneous a cappella congregational singing of "The Love of God is greater far ..."
Jim & the children spent 2-7 PM at the beach while I napped and read. BK taught us how to play a card game he learned at camp. (It's a version of peanut butter & jelly.)
Monday
Tea & quiet time by the lake!
Lunch, park, card games at the restaurant and at the park and at the beach, where we set a record of spending 6+ hours! I read the book, "God's Needle," an utterly fascinating account of a missionary to Guinea-Bissau.
We only missed two people's meds today -- Oops!!
Tuesday
Tea & quiet time by the lake was the best yet!
We packed up, stopped by the library (where I played cards with BK), ate lunch, and then spent a few hours at the beach & fishing, before we left around 4.30 PM.
Family time, rest, swim, church, reading ... thank you, Lord!
No comments:
Post a Comment