Tuesday, August 5, 2025

Summer Vacation ~ Day 56

Thursday, July 17

My nurse was here before 7.30 and the plasma was flowing into my veins by 7.45.  There was an initial flurry of activity as the children got up, and had some semblance of being fed & clothed, before Jim took them to swim team practice at 8. 

I napped some. Jim & BK returned at 11. My infusion was over shortly after 12.  A friend asked me if I feel better after my infusion, and the reality is it usually keeps me healthier and infection-free over the next 3-4 weeks, but the first 24 hours after my infusion are usually hard. It wipes me out.  

But there was no time to rest today ...

At 12.45 I took BK to his dental appointment. 

At 2 we were home and I air-fried more chicken tenders for his lunch / snack. 

At 3.15 we left for his hair appointment along with everything needed for the swim meet (suits, goggles, towels, sharpie, water bottles, and snacks!).

Hair appointment. Picked LM up from daycare. Swim meet (4.45 - 8.30). I worked ribbons for the first time. 

("Worked ribbons" means a seat under the tent with the announcer and the people running the computer.  It also means from 6.30-8.30 [or later], you peel off address label type stickers and adhere them to the back of 1st, 2nd, etc. place ribbons, and then divide them into teams.  When I had down time, I filed our team's ribbons into the file folder for each family.  But I only got 1/3 of our team's ribbons filed.  With 80 events of 3-10 swimmers in each events, that is a LOT of (100s of) stickers, although thankfully the teenagers don't get ribbons.)

Jim arrived at the meet just as my shift was starting. The children were thrilled because Daddy said "yes," when asked if they could have a sno-cone from the food truck. :) This was Jim's second swim meet, and he had one word for it: "Chaos." Yep; that about sums it up. ;) 

A quick visit with the grandparents. 

Home too late!!

Oh, and Happy 15th to us! ♥️♥️♥️


No comments: