The trivets that I took to a dinner for the Gospel music team in May and which never came home, turned up in the church kitchen today.
I am thoroughly enjoying listening to the three free downloads of congregational singing at a recent conference.
An important piece of mail came today from the post office-cum-bank. What does it say?
I purchased snacks from the region I visited last weekend and did what I thought was the appropriate Japanese thing, i.e., take them to an English class or Bible study to share with everyone. But the first lady there told me it would be better not to share them, so I put them back in my bag. Will I ever understand the nuances of cross-cultural life?
This morning a lady thanked me through her watery eyes, for giving of my time for our monthly Bible study. It seems her heart is softening. I quickly assured her that it is my pleasure to do so! (She apparently had a senior moment and forgot that I didn't "give my time" last month. I completely forgot about the study, until one lady called me 15 minutes after we were supposed to start-!)
Two ladies in the same class yesterday brought me a tract they received from a cult, and asked if I would prepare a Bible study for them in response to what the tract claims to be God's message.
The leaves in our town have really just started turning this week. At midday today they were gorgeous!
As much as I'm enjoying tuning in to the culture more through my car radio, yesterday was not a good radio day for me. My morning drive only offered live broadcast of parliament. I was not much more interested in the live sumo broadcast offered during my afternoon drive.
No comments:
Post a Comment